Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ho HUM. Sometimes the rules just aren't fair.

I have come to the concluusion that not all crimes are equal and I am a firm believer in the punishment should fit the crime.

Case in point: Monday I got called to the AP's office. As I was sitting in the office waiting a bagillion thoughts were running through my head and I was trying to determine exactly why I was there in the first place. By the time I sat in front of the principal I was already tearing up. I was scared. :(

Turns out my bus driver had written me up for my third offense. But until Mr. P told me what they were I had absolutely NO idea what I had done to warrant a trip to the office. So, as the principal explained what I had done I am not ashamed to say I cried...like a baby. It just so happens I'm not such a tough chick afterall. When faced with punishment I caved and begged  forgiveness of my crimes listed below.

  1. First check: I was not sitting in my assigned seat on the bus.
  2. Second check: I was being overly loud.
  3. Third check: I was busted eating a pop-tart from my backpack.

Here is the thing...I don't remember the bus driver ever warning me before on the first 2 counts. The third thing I fully admit to doing --I woke up late and was trying to eat before I got to school. Anyway, are any of those things worthy of being called to the principals office? NO. But rules are rules, and my punishment is one day of solitary suspension. In other words- I will spend the day in a room with other rule breakers and completely cut off from my classes, teachers, friends even lunch is served in the room. I am horrified and a little scared. I feel like Tracy Turnblad from Hairspray when she has to go to the office because of her hair.

I guess what I am getting at is that I think our principal had more important things to deal with than a pop-tart on a bus, but because there is protocol that must be followed, I am punished unjustly.

Is there any real justice in the world?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment