Saturday, March 12, 2011

Books make me happy!

Despite all the crap and bad stuff going on in the world, I just wanted to say that I have such a feeling of well being going on right now-at this very moment.

It is Saturday, I am still wearing my pj's, I had gooey cinnamon rolls and bacon for breakfast, the sun is shining and I have some new books to read!

Yesterday night we boxed up nearly all of our books...with the exception of one book shelf in my mom's room (So it's a good thing my friends came before 5pm to borrow books for Springbreak vacations). What we didn't box up were the books that we were planning on reviewing soon or going to giveaway on Paperback Dolls. But there are some that came the past couple days that are just for me (okay, my mom too, but me first!). The books I am most excited about having in my paws are the following...


Wither By: Lauren DeStefano
Wither (The Chemical Garden Trilogy)By age sixteen, Rhine Ellery has four years left to live. She can thank modern science for this genetic time bomb. A botched effort to create a perfect race has left all males with a lifespan of 25 years, and females with a lifespan of 20 years. Geneticists are seeking a miracle antidote to restore the human race, desperate orphans crowd the population, crime and poverty have skyrocketed, and young girls are being kidnapped and sold as polygamous brides to bear more children.

When Rhine is kidnapped and sold as a bride, she vows to do all she can to escape. Her husband, Linden, is hopelessly in love with her, and Rhine can’t bring herself to hate him as much as she’d like to. He opens her to a magical world of wealth and illusion she never thought existed, and it almost makes it possible to ignore the clock ticking away her short life. But Rhine quickly learns that not everything in her new husband’s strange world is what it seems. Her father-in-law, an eccentric doctor bent on finding the antidote, is hoarding corpses in the basement. Her fellow sister wives are to be trusted one day and feared the next, and Rhine is desperate to communicate to her twin brother that she is safe and alive. Will Rhine be able to escape--before her time runs out?


Betrayal by Lee Nichols
Betrayal (Haunting Emma)Emma Vaile is the most powerful ghostkeeper in centuries. Which is great when she's battling the wraith-master Neos, but terrible when she's flirting with fellow ghostkeeper (and soul mate) Bennett. When ghostkeepers fall in love, the weaker one loses all power, and that's not something Bennett can handle. Heartbroken and alone, Emma tries to lose herself in school with fellow ghostkeeper, Natalie. When a new team of ghostkeepers arrive-one a snarky teen boy, the other a British scholar-Emma finds solace in training for the battle against Neos. But as the team grows stronger, they are threatened by an unknown force. One they thought was good.As chilling and page-turning as Deception, this sequel will grab readers and hold them to the last page. No one is safe from suspicion as Emma closes in on the traitor.
Look good, don't they? Having books on hand that I am excited about reading can really make me happy!

BTW- I am jamming to REM 's Shiny Happy People (holding hands) which probably has something to do with my happy fuzzy feeling:) And, Kate Pierson is another rockin' red head!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment