Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I want to go to New Orleans SO BAD and other ramblings.

I am slightly obsessed with New Orleans Louisiana. I want to go there...maybe even live there. I want to walk around the city with my vintage NIKON 35mm snapping pictures of all the things and eat tons of craw fish. I want to listen to a real NOLA jazz band and meet someone with a real Cajun accent. I want to go into a real voodoo shop not a touristy one and I want to stay the night in a mansion in the Garden District.

That is all.

Ship BreakerWell...not quite. I've been reading lots of books set in New Orleans and I'll be talking about them later on Paperback Dolls. Maybe that is what is fueling my desire more than usual. I recently finished Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton. It was a fun read, what I liked most was the descriptions of New Orleans. I am now reading The Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi and though it isn't exactly about New Orleans, it takes place in the gulf coast of a post apocalyptic America and has Orleans mentions and I envision the characters (some of them anyway) with Creole or Cajun accents. I also have the next Chronicles of Nick book, Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon on my list of books to read soon. As far as fiction goes, my reading is saturated with New Orleans settings. I'm sure that has a lot to due with my NOLA state of mind.



The Hunchback of Notre DameOr maybe it's because of Mardi Gras today. I want to experience Mardi Gras. My age limits me. It is so unfortunate to be such a wise old soul in this teen body. Come to think of it...I think it is unfortunate to be a pale red head. I see myself much more exotic. My personality definitely is more suited for a brunette with green eyes and tan skin. That is how I feel...then I see myself in the mirror and it's like a slap in the face. I don't look like a real life version of Esmeralda (the gypsy from Disney's Hunchback movie) I look like Disney's Ariel (The Little Mermaid).

Why is it that guys make fun of red heads in school? Why is it that women always come up to me and tell me that they spend a fortune on hair dye to get my natural color, but I am almost always type cast as the funny BFF. WOE IS ME!

But...Anyway. I'm not sure what any of this has to do with anything else in this babbling post except that this is as close to my true thought patterns I can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment