Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Hunger Games and City of Bones movie buzz...

So Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone!
City of Bones (Mortal Instruments)The Hunger Games
It is a super exciting day for booklovers and uber fans (like me) of Suzanne Collins and Cassandra Clare books.

Say hello to the face of Katniss Everdeen...

OMG!!! It looks like Jennifer Lawrence will be Katniss Everdeen! A little hair coloring, the right clothes... I think she could really be amazing. She definitely has the acting chops, but I confess I am a little bummed she is an older actress. I was really hoping for once that Hollywood would cast age appropriate actors in the roles. Don't get me wrong. I think Lawrence is gorgeous and at the ripe old age of 20 (teasing) she she will be able to really give a mature performance. But...part of the drama and heartache in The Hunger Games is the fact that these are kids being sent off to fight to the death on reality TV. With older actors I'm not sure if the same shock and awe of visualizing (in the movie case seeing) the horror of it all will be the same. But, I am totally prepared and optimistic!

The next awesomely exciting news is that the casting for the role of Jace in The City Of Bones is officially CLOSED! *SQUEE* That means that very soon Mortal Instrument fanatics will have a face to put to their movie Jace! How exciting!!! Who do you suppose it is going to be????

Now...Peeta, Gale, Haymitch and Rue....I really cannot wait to see who gets play those parts! I pray to the casting gods that they please, please, PLEASE get Peeta right. I'm not sure if my little heart can take a bad Peeta!

PS- I am still available to play Foxface ;)

2 comments: